City Commission Work Session #3 Debrief - Sustainability
The project team had a third UDC-focused work session with the City Commission this week, focused on sustainability. Here's what we discussed:
- The city's approach to regulating urban agriculture (both residential and larger-scale commercial operations)
- Requirements for EV charging in new developments
- The sale of home-grown and home-produced agricultural products
The City Commission provided the following guidance to the project team:
- Aim high for EV-charging requirements - pursue options that encourage more "EV-ready" and installed solutions, as opposed to "EV-capable"
- Allow for height encroachments for rooftop greenhouses
- Allow the development of context-sensitive urban agriculture in commercial zones
- Consider more thoroughly the impacts of allowing sales of home-based agricultural goods in residential zones
Visit the City Commission page here to view the meeting recording and minutes (link). The consultant team's presentation is available in the Presentation Materials section of this website (link).